Our journey as a community of faith formally began on April 27, 2014 at the SMCC New Life Center in the city of Sierra Madre. Yet, the desire to start a new ministry had been in our hearts long before the date of launching. We spent countless hours praying and asking for God's direction. We wrestled with the question, "Is this God's will?" The period of prayers and discernment was concluded. By God's providence, the leadership of Sierra Madre Congregational Church affirmed our vision by recognizing our desire to plant a church and graciously providing a space where we could gather for worship and prayer. With a handful of families and individuals, the new church embarked into a big leap of faith having no funding and external support, yet equipped with determination and conviction of God's will. Pastor Rei Eusebio is the founding pastor. He was assisted by like-minded and committed friends and families who became original church members. Later, Ttokamsa Mission Church prayed and, for a period of time, supported our work. We became a partner church in the Global Ministry which Ttokamsa Mission Church initiated.
Seedbed Church is evangelical in zeal, reformed in conviction and contemporary in style. From the beginning, Seedbed Church has been committed to the centrality and authority of God's Word - the Bible in life, beliefs and practice. As a gospel-centered church, we are committed to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ to make disciples of all nations. Though majority of the current members are Filipino-descent, we endeavor to reach to all people of all cultures and colors. We are family-oriented church in which people of all ages have a place in the community.
In its first year, Seedbed Church had many FIRSTs.
- We first participated in the Global Worship, a joint effort of ethnic churches in the Global Ministry in August, 2014. It was the first for the praise team to participate in the joint praise and worship event outside the church.
- The first Family Retreat was held in September 2014 (the second Family Retreat was held in March 2015 at Lake Arrowhead).
- We took part in the National Back to Church Sunday - a campaign to invite people back to church life.
- The first Thanksgiving Sunday in November was a feast.
- The first Christmas was a joyous time of sharing blessings and remembrance of the birth of the Savior.
- We held our first outdoor Easter Sunrise Service in Redondo Beach.
- The first season of Bible Quiz, which was started in August, 2014 was concluded in April 2015 - an enjoyable way of reading, memorizing and understanding the Scriptures.
- The first Cell Group Leaders' Training was completed and new small group communities will be launched in the middle of 2015.
- The first evangelistic concert, featuring PRASIA, a team of touring music missionaries from the Philippines, was held on May 17 as part of the anniversary season of Seedbed Church.
For all these and more, we give glory to our LORD. Soli Deo Gloria!
The work is far from over. New opportunities are opening up. As we look forward to the new season, we pray to see growth, maturity, stability, mission and expansion.
You could partner with us by praying and supporting our ministry. Together we could make a difference in the lives of many.